Burnt Snow, my first novel, was released in 2010 by Pan MacMillan Australia. White Rain, the sequel, is due soon. As part of a trilogy about witches, earth magic, curses, love and revenge, this blog archives my research into the world of the witches - as well as my own magical saga as a new author.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

My Night of Terror

Hi all,

White Rain is almost finished. Almost. So nearly very almost that it's breathing down my neck like a shapeshifting monster with a blood appetite... or an exboyfriend wanting a job reference. Toasty.

Now, imagine this room with a slime demon crawling out of the wall.
The amazing Fangtastic Fiction team have been running Aussie Author Appreciation April activities through their website this month, and they were kind enough to ask me to participate. Which I did, giving an interview, here.
In the interview, they asked whether writing my books ever creeped me out. Having recently experienced the joy of hallucination during my recent bout of swine flu, I wrote up a detailed description of a night I can only summarise as Swine Flu 1, Van Badham 0, which puts into context how very, very creeped out I can get.
Fang gave the account its own page, as it somewhat... darkened the tone of the rest of the interview! If you're curious to know why everyone was making such a hoo-haa about swine flu, it may go some way to explaining it for you. Additionally, it involves scenes of me sweating and calling my mum. Those curious can visit... here.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dude, the swine flu hallucination is terrible! You should have called me. You can always call me xx